Your Go-To Fashion Guide For The Party Season
The party season is fast approaching, with cocktail functions, weddings, receptions, work dos and more filling up our calendar, which means one thing – time to get prepared!
Whether you’re heading to the beach for a carefree wedding, family BBQ or fancy formal function, it’s all about investing in the right kind of pieces that will transition you seamlessly throughout the spring/summer party season!
Basic party rules:
- Always bring a pair of ballet flats in your clutch – they are a lifesaver for those long walks from the car park to the venue and ensure you look your best and not to mention comfortable and stylish!
- Choose one part of your body to show off and keep the rest covered. Simple as that, whether you choose a low-cut neckline or high hem, pick one part of your body to show some skin and cover the rest up to look classy!
- Sequins and sequins don’t work. So for a NYE or Christmas party and you want to shine, pick a sequin LBD and neutral heels. Otherwise dress up a basic dress style with sequin heels or clutch.
- Always bring a gift – if food or drinks are served, there’s no harm in turning up with a box of chocolates, small plate or salad or a trusty bottle of wine.
- Beach party? Family BBQ by the pool? Make sure you bring a change of clothes and a towel.
- Think ahead. Going to be standing up all night at a cocktail function? Maybe don’t wear your highest heels. Have to walk home or to the tax rank? Pack ballet flats. Plan on drinking a bit? Ensure you choose styles that are comfortable to avoid that slightly intoxicated outfit fiddling like pulling your dress down (or up if you choose a strapless style!)
Style tips for every occasion…
Invest in a little black women’s dress, a printed midi or body-con style, which will take you through the cocktail functions to come. Dress up a LBD with chunky jewels and a statement clutch, or keep your accessories neutral with a printed or bold coloured style. Don’t be afraid to lift the hemline for this type of party for a knee line or above the knee hem length.
No need to go in your everyday basics, look stylish at a low-key family function with a women’s maxi dress or a kaftan resort style women’s top or dress with wedges. Accessorise with a broad-brimmed hat and a shoulder sling tote – perfect!
Office to Post Work Drinks:
If you’re heading straight from the office to post work drinks, there’s no need to bring along your whole wardrobe in the backseat of your car. Instead, try a high-necked dress with an open back and wear a structured jackets for women blazer, tights and heels to the office. Then simply remove your tights and jacket, add a statement necklace and a pop of lippy and you’re ready to go!
For those of you spending all day out at a wedding ceremony and then transitioning to the reception, you may want to switch up your look for night. Never fear – add a statement necklace or statement pair of heels to showcase a little fun side for your reception style. This ensures you look classic and somewhat conservative for the ceremony and can have a little fun for night! We love opting for a maxi dress and strappy heels for day and adding a bold lip and colourful clutch for night.