You Guide To Wearing Summers’ Top Trends
Summer 2014 means throwing away your winter woollies and opting for cooler, brighter and bolder styles that are sure to make you turn heads this season. From striking neon to clashing prints and classic floral styles, we’ve created your go-to guide for nailing this season’s biggest trends.
Still a huge trend for summer, we are falling head over heels in love with fluorescent-hued womens clothing and accessories that are bigger and bolder than ever. Bloggers, stylists and brands alike are opting for contemporary neon styles that are mixed n’ matched for an edgy and modern take on the bright colour trend. By adhering to the less is more concept, neon is seen in cropped mohair jumpers, neon floral printed maxi skirts with side splits, beaded accessories and colour pop lipsticks. Teamed with edgy leather mini skirts or worn with a neutral black blazer and classic denim, neon is no longer kept for 80’s dress up parties or when re-watching flash dance.
- Team a neon top with an all neutral outfit to make the colour pop and to avoid being too over powering
- Black and neon may be polar opposites, but they look great together as they create the perfect contrast to make a look stand out
- If you’re not brave enough, try a bright coloured beaded necklace or a statement neon coloured clutch
- Neon looks great when worked into a floral printed dress or skirt and teamed black gladiator sandals and large broad-brimmed hat
Re-vamp your summer wardrobe by making a statement with matching or clashing prints, especially when teamed in a pant or skirt suit combination – this trend is the perfect way to add a little fun to your summer style. Teaming clashing prints may seem tricky, however when mixed with complimentary colours and styles, mixed prints is fun and totally chic. For summer, printed floral pants look great with a matching jacket or cami for a night out and when teamed with neutral sandals and accessories. By limiting yourself to the same print or only one other contrasting print, you create a composed and stylish outfit that isn’t too overwhelming.
- Team with neutral accessories
- When clashing prints try to choose complimentary colours and shades
- Limit yourself to no more than two contrasting prints for an outfit
- Add volume and contrast to your look with chunky jewellery, whether a statement necklace, layered rings or cuff
- A matching skirt and blazer combination is a great summery look that will take you from the office to post work drinks in no time
A traditional choice for summer, floral prints can be girlie, classic or bold depending on your style of womens clothing. No longer limited to shift dresses and skirts, florals have been re-worked into blazers, camis and combined with sheer fabrics and loose flowing chiffon for an ultra-feminine take on this print trend.
- Florals looks great when teamed with neutral accessories
- Toughen up florals with a leather jacket or mini skirt for a night on the town
- Don’t be afraid to mix n’ match floral prints in similar colour palettes
- Team a floral skirt with a loose flowing cami and sandals
- Rock cut off denim shorts and a floral cami with large sunnies for the perfect festival look
- For an extra girlie look, add a soft pink lip and loose curls
Here at AlibiOnline we have an amazing selection of on-trend summer items no matter what your style. Shop our top picks below and please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you need any help or styling advice.