What To Wear: Australia Day Long Weekend
If you’re anything like us, your Australia Day will consist of BBQs, sleep ins and days lying by the beach, because it doesn’t get better than a long weekend in summer.
Australia day means many things to many people, celebrated on January 26, the day commemorates the establishment of the first European settlement at Port Jackson, now part of Sydney, in 1788. It is a chance for Australians to come together to celebrate their country and culture by joining with friends and family for a day of reflection and unity.
If you’re already planning what to wear on your upcoming festivities (and wanting to steer clear of the classic blue and white, or yellow and green combination) but aren’t too sure how to get started we’ve complied our top tips on what to wear no matter what the occasion.
1) Dress for the heat: Chances are it’s going to be hot, so whether you are going to the beach or a BBQ, try lightweight fabrications in gorgeous neutral colours or bold patterns. Women’s dresses like sundresses or shift dresses are great, as are mini women’s skirts and feminine camis.
2) Celebrate Australian designers: Australian designers are seriously the best, so what better way to pay tribute to their achievements then by wearing them on Australia Day. Need some help? Why not shop the new arrivals from Sass & Fate at AlibiOnline.
3) Experiment with colour: Try bold patterns, tropical or botanical prints and a bold lip because why not?
4) Accessories with a statement hat or sunglasses: Nothing adds more sophistication to an outfit than an oversized hat or statement sunglasses. Looks fabulous with a women’s maxi.
5) Layer up in style: Chunky jewels, a denim jacket or a stylish vest, whatever it is, throwing on that little bit extra will instantly transform your outfit.
Need help picking out an outfit? Head to AlibiOnline to shop our new arrivals perfect for the long weekend.
And there’s more! Ending TOMORROW shop our most wanted items this season coming to you at very special prices.
Be quick and shop them now! http://www.alibionline.com.au/categories/SALE/