From beauty looks to fashion, orange has become a key wardrobe essential adding much needed brightness and colour into your winter style. From delicious tangerine to carrot shades and lighter honey hues, it’s all about injecting a little warmth into your wardrobe by adding powerful energy into your look.
The fiery hue was seen on the catwalk throughout fashion week, from orange stained lips at New York Fashion Week, to striking designs at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia.
Designers are jumping on board this dynamic trend combining it with luscious floral prints, contrasting panelling and sculptured detailing with unique fabrications. The hue has been cropping up time and time again in anything from true, juicy shades to red-tinged bricks and rusts.
Proenza Schouler, Narcisse Rodriguez, Joseph Altuzarra and Gucci’s Frida Giannini all embraced the trend throughout their Spring/Summer and Fall collections , working down to the winter collection from our favourite brands like FATE, SASS, COOPER ST and WISH.
Style Tips On Wearing Orange:
- Don’t be afraid to mix with colour. Orange looks fab with yellow or similar hues for a striking look
- Make a strong orange tone stand out with leather or black. Remember to break up the look with silver jewellery or contrasting accessories
- Dress down with denim. Nothing adds a cool girl vibe more than teaming orange with skinny leg denim
- Add a feminine vibe with a sheer blouse, pussy-tie neckline or long-line tunic. This fabric and style adds a flattering and sophisticated touch
- Add white! Think a crisp white blazer jackets for women over an orange blouse, what could be better?
- Mix with prints. We love a floral printed orange top teamed with classic black pants or wet look denim
- Start out small. Add an orange clutch, beaded necklace or cocktail ring for a vibrant touch that isn’t too out there
- Add the jewels. Orange beaded earrings, a statement necklace or a stacked bangles are a great way to inject some flavour
Don’t be afraid to make a statement with this gorgeous colour that can be worn no matter what occasion. For a casual weekend look, team with your favourite pair of jeans, a white tank, long line knit and orange jewellery or accessories. We also love wearing an orange floral infused print kimono or blouse like this one from FATE.
For the office, opt for a vibrant orange blouse teamed with a neutral coloured pencil skirt and court heels.
Need help styling your new orange piece? Get in touch with us at AlibiOnline.