Trend Report: It’s All About Leather
Drawing on the 90’s trend, womens dresses, midi-skirts and sports-luxe tops are re-worked to combine mesh and lace with contrasting leather panelling.
Whether it’s faux leather or the real deal, celebrities and designers a like, are embracing this rock chic trend and creating something versatile and strikingly feminine no-matter what your style is.
It’s all about adding a modern touch to this age old trend with statement snakeskin inspired textures seen in leather look variations which are contrasted with matte, patent and more vintage inspired fabric panelling.
Need some help on how to include Autumn/Winter 2014’s latest must have trend? Here at AlibiOnline, we’ve compiled our top tips for adding leather into your wardrobe in a new and stylish way:
- Layer a leather shift dress with a structured trench-coat and a contrasting animal printed scarf for the cooler days
- Add a basic white T-shirt to leather pants and black ankle boots for a simple monochromatic look
- Add edge to leather with a tartan shirt or ripped boyfriend jeans – perfect weekend wear!
- It’s all about leather look leggings. These comfortable and stylish pants are a great way to add leather into your everyday style and can be easily dressed up or down deepening on the occasion
- For night, we love wearing a structured leather and lace panelled dresses in midi length or with contrasting animal print skater skirts
- Team leather styles with an awesome graphic tee or easy-to-wear top
- Leather looks great with jeweled tone colours, such as purple, blue, red
Need help styling this latest trend? Ask Alibi, for all your product and styling information!