Trend Report: Grid Lock
Re-invent traditional monochromatic prints like stripes and plaid with a new printed variation sure to make your outfit pop. This season it’s all about the grid lock print, a huge trend from both the catwalk and the street style stage, bloggers, high end designers and our favourite brands like FATE WISH, BEBE and SASS. Inject prints into your style with ease in a subtle yet refreshing way.
The new plaid grid lock print, also known as the window pane print, takes 90’s grunge to a whole new sophisticated level and we are loving it. Seen in everything from trumpet hem skirts, to comfortable pull overs and blazer jackets for women, this trend is versatile enough to be worn day by day, out on the town at night or even at the office. Kick started at Marc Jacobs’ Spring ’13 show, Louis Vuitton soon followed suit, as well as Marni, Chanel and Jill Stuart to create a modern and new take on monochromatic prints. Teamed with matching pant suit combinations or with colour pop accessories, there are countless ways to work this trend that is sure to spill over to spring/summer 2014.
The latest ranges starting to drop from brands like FATE and WISH, include easy-to-wear knits, blazers and relaxed pants all working the grid lock print in a modern way. Luscious fabrications including blended knits, silk like pants and crisp blazers are seen in styles suitable for both day and night, transitioning you seamlessly from the office to post work drinks. Don’t be afraid to experiment with this mostly monochromatic print by adding in pops of colours, leather fabrications or feminine chiffons for the ultimate contrast.
- Don’ t be afraid to try grid on grid. Think a matching sweater and pant combination with neutral accessories like nude or black heels with a matching tote
- Team with all black. We love a grid lock sweater with black jeans or leather leggings with statement accessories
- Keep it monochrome. Add a white tunic to a black and white grid print skirt with a black jacket for women’s blazer for the perfect work look
- Want to add colour? Try a vibrant red women’s skirt, cobalt blue blouse or statement clutch to make the print pop
- Dress down grid lock outfit with a pair of flats. Don’t be afraid to mix n’ match with contrasting animal prints
- Try accessorising the outfit with a bold or jewelled necklace for that extra wow factor
- When in doubt, keep it simple. Choose one statement printed item like a women’s dress and keep the rest neutral
This print is a must-have for both A/W 2014 and the spring and summer months to come. Whether you wear with denim shorts and flats for a hot day, or layer up with cardis and sweaters, embrace this on-trend print for instant style cred. Shop the latest grid lock pieces from AlibiOnline including our favourite new styles from FATE that are just starting to drop!