A selection of stylish women’s shirts are a must-have in everyone’s wardrobe, especially for those of you out there who are in the workforce and/or work in a corporate environment.
Shirts are sophisticated, classy and are great staples that can instantly add a flair of professionalism and structure to your look.
From a classic white shirt to a more relaxed tunic, we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about buying women’s shirts!
Choosing the right shirts:
Every wardrobe needs at least:
- 1 – 2x tailored dress shirts for a sophisticated ensemble
- 1 – 2x casual white shirts. Eg. Tunic or oversized boyfriend style to go with your jeans and shorts
Once you’ve got these foundations in your wardrobe, you can start to expand it to include black, beige, navy or striped variations.
Pick styles that fit your body shape:
The perfect women’s shirt should fit you nicely and flatter your body shape. The best fitting shirt sits tightly around your body however isn’t too snug.
Unsure if your shirt fits you? Try these tips:
1. Button the dress shirt to the top. You should be able to slide two or three fingers between your neck and collar.
2. Bend your arms. Sleeves should be long enough so that cuffs don’t ride up your wrist when moving your arm.
3. Check that cuffs are snug and don’t hang over your hand. You should not be able to slip into shirt sleeves without first undoing buttons on the cuff.
4. Make sure the shirt doesn’t pull uncomfortably across the chest or waist.
5. Inspect the buttons – they should be well-placed with no gaping holes exposing your chest.
6. Raise your arms and check that shirt tails don’t come out of your pants.
How to style your shirt:
Now that you’ve chosen the right style and fit it’s time to style this classic wardrobe staple! Here are a few of our favourite ways:
- We love wearing shirts with a structured pencil skirt and court heels for the office.
- Add a structured blazer – it is great for corporate styles and makes you look instantly chic and sophisticated!
- Wear with denim. Structured shirts and even relaxed tunics or oversized styles look great with a fab pair of jeans. This is one of our favourite go-to weekend looks and it is instantly timeless and classy.
- Wear them open! If you have a button-up shirt, keep it open over a muscle tank or basic tee for a more relaxed style.
Ready to get shopping? Head over to ladies clothing online boutique AlibiOnline to shop your women’s shirts today.