Style Guide: How To Dress Casual & Chic
The Christmas holidays are fast approaching, and for those lucky ones, you may have a few days break, which means getting out of your work clothes and getting into something comfortable!
However that doesn’t mean letting your style go, it’s all about applying basic rules and investing in classic staples to ensure you look stylish and casual throughout the holidays.
Key pieces to invest in for a casual & chic wardrobe:
- Stock up on stripes! Always in fashion, stripes can we worn as a basic tee with casual denims, a tank dress or luxe maxi skirt.
- Oversized tanks and basic tops, women’s dresses and skirts are great with almost anything and are super comfy. Perfect for layering, simply add statement jewels and accessories for a more dressy style.
- Skinny jeans will take you from the desk to date night. They pair equally well with flats and heels.
- Team leggings with an oversized T-shirt and sneakers for a sports-luxe vibe. Great for those “I can’t be bothered getting dressed days!”
- A women’s maxi dress is great to throw on during those hot summer days. Add wedges, an over-sized hat and sunnies for a stylish touch!
- Wear a shift dress! They are oh so comfortable, easy, casual! Try a gorgeous white embroidered one for a boho touch or stand out with bold prints.
- A tailored blazer! We love striped blazers or those in classic black or white. Throw over a casual women’s top and you’re set!
- The buttoned up collared shirt is a must for every wardrobe, try a denim variation worn buttoned up with a leather skirt or worn open over a striped tank women’s dress.
Mix up your look by adding:
- Accessories! Statement jewels, leopard print pumps, a neon bag – all great ways to add a little fashion flair to your style.
- Bold sneakers in gorgeous colours and prints – ideal sports-luxe style.
- Play with colours and textures – simple and easy, add a bold patterned top or printed pants for a little colour.
Try these colours:
- Stick to classic colours like white, black, grey or stripes for a more sophisticated vibe. This season we are also loving nudes and pastels for a girlie touch.
- Denim looks great in a light-wash for summer, team with a pastel coloured top or add structure with a classic black blazer.
- If you’re bold enough, don’t be afraid to play with colours! Wearing a printed women’s top or dress adds instant colour and stands out all on its own with minimal styling effort.
What are your go-to casual pieces? Let us know in the comments below!