Spring Racing Do’s & Don’ts
Spring racing season has arrived so it’s time to start planning your many outfits so you look stylish and chic track side.
If you are wondering where to even begin when picking out your go-to spring racing look, we’ve rounded up a few do’s and don’ts to make shopping for our favourite season even easier!
Spring racing Do’s & Don’ts:
- Pick an outfit that looks great on you! Regardless of what’s in fashion or on-trend, it’s important to pick styles that suit your body shape and reflect your style. You want to feel confident and comfortable all day long.
- Be mindful about how much skin you expose. While the sun may be out and you’re in the mood to show some skin, you need to still be respectable. As a general rule, if you choose a shorter hem, opt for a high neckline and vice versa. You want to look sophisticated and classy!
- Choose your shoes wisely! Thin heels are a no-go, as are heels that are too high or uncomfortable. You will most likely be standing throughout the majority of the day so make sure you pick shoes that will make your day as comfortable as possible. Low heels are fine – and shoes with block heels will be great when standing on grassy areas.
- Embrace millinery! From a fascinator, a crown or a hat… the options are endless. It’s a great race day tradition so why not embrace it?
- Accessorise accessorise! This is an easy and great way to instantly vamp up your outfit.
- Think of the weather and always bring a jacket.
- Wear sunscreen…. There’s nothing worse than that after spring racing burn.
- Remember to polish your nails and do your hair. It will make all the difference to your race day look.
- Wear denim…. Enough said right?!
- Wear shorts, jumpsuits or playsuits. Dresses and skirts are your best option!
- Show off too much skin or your midriff…it’s not a good look.
- Wear runners, sandals, thongs, You get it!
- Over tan. If you are going to tan, make sure it’s at least 24 hours prior to your event so you can wash off any excess tan to avoid that “too orange” look.
Have we missed any great tips? Comment and share them with us below!