Bridesmaid and Formal Style Guide
Gorgeous Bella Maxis are the perfect formal gowns for all your glamorous occasions! These divinely sophisticated floor length gowns are perfect for bridesmaids, weddings, dances, red carpet and school formals and are just what you need to embrace your inner movie star!
Our favourite ways to style Bella Maxis:
- Bella Maxis are super flattering for those with small waist and curves, with a loose flowing women’s dress skirt perfect to cover up curvy hips and thighs
- Don’t want a long dress!? Simply have a dressmaker cut it to the right length and add your own embellishments
- Need sleeves and/or straps or more coverage on the neckline? Order extra fabric to have your alterations made or use the offcut if you have shortened the dress
- Wear it with or without a belt
- Do mix and match bridesmaids dresses (Order extra fabric to have your alterations made.) You can choose some to have added sleeves and keep some strapless
- Do try multi colours for your bridesmaids dresses – the perfect way to brighten up a wedding party!
- Do blended bridesmaids dresses
- For classic colours like black or champagne, don’t be afraid to add bold accessories or statement heels for a fun touch
Other great tips for choosing a bridesmaid dress:
- Think about the bride’s dress. You want to make sure the bridesmaid dress compliments the bride’s wedding dress however making sure that it is not too similar
- Decide on the colour. This means thinking about colours that work best on all the bridesmaids, or deciding to mix n’ match different colours to suit different skin and hair colours
- Know your body shape. This is oh so important! Own that you’ve got a great bust or curvy thighs and choose a style that fits you best. Bella Maxis are easily altered to add sleeves, extra bust fabric or a covered neckline, so make sure you choose a style that works best for your assets